There are lots of services online that can run audit reports and check your onpage SEO. A lot of them come with a monthly expense. Hiring an SEO guru can cost hundreds of dollars, too. Today, I got a look at Mondovo SEO service, and I will show you two of the powerful features in this article. I will cover:
When signing up with Mondovo.com you will get the following screen to create a new campaign project:
For this example I am going to run a “site audit” and on-page analyzer. The first option I will be talking about is the site audit.
I put in my URL for tbwhs.com. Then clicked submit. I wanted to check 100 URLS on my site. I got the following message, “We have received your request to crawl up to 100 pages of the URL https://tbwhs.com. This will take some time to process. You will see a notification in the header when the report is ready.”
My report status is now pending, which means the URL’s will be crawled. I did contact support, and they told me it usually takes a couple minutes before your audit report is ready. So, after 15 minutes my audit report was ready for tbwhs.com. Also, you do get an email when your report is ready.
You can see their website audit tool by visiting their site. As you can see here is what the audit report looks like with Mondovo. This tells you domain, crawl date, pages crawled, page speed, Alexa rank, domain authority, and canonicalization. Below there are tabs which you can click on to give you more information:
- Meta-Issues. Tells you missing meta titles, missing meta description, duplicate titles, duplicate meta descriptions, long titles, and long meta descriptions.
- Linking Details. Tells you pages with > 100 internal links, pages with 50 > external links, error pages, and redirect pages.
- Content. Tells you no clear target keyword, poor optimization scores, poor link to text ratio, duplicate content, and content below 250 words.
- HTML Optimization. Tells you missing alt tags, missing heading tags, large page size, low page scores, no index, and nofollow.
- Internal Links. Tells you the average internal links per page, https status, number of links on each URL, and the anchor text combinations.
- External Links. Tells you the average external links per page, https status, number of pages linking to the URL, and anchor text combinations.
For example, I’m going to look at the internal links tab since this is a highly recommended SEO tactic from SearchEngineWatch.com and lots of other experienced SEO’s.
As you can see this shows the average internal links per page, page URL, https status, number of pages linking to this url, and anchor text combinations.
I would recommend running a site audit report on your site and your competitors site. Therefore, you can see how they are internally linking and focus on out performing them.
If you’re a SEO company there are options to export reports, rather than adding a user so they can view their report. Once you have run a website audit report you can always export it to a .pdf. There are two reports you can export. This can be a full report or a summary report.
Onpage SEO Analysis is another feature of Mondovo that you can use. This can be used on your pages and also your competitor’s pages. To use this feature, you’re going to click onpage SEO analysis link. Then, you type in your URL and the keywords your targeting. It usually takes about 5 to 10 minutes for your report to generate. Once it has generated, you can see your onpage SEO analysis.
Mondovo will show you the URL, title, meta description, page size, page speed, and word count. Then you will see 25 different SEO factors. You will be able to see which ones passed and which ones failed. Here is what Mondovo checks:
- Title tag presence.
- Title length check.
- Over optimization of title.
- More than 1 title tag.
- Title and body content relevance.
- Meta description length check.
- Meta description repeated.
- Meta description over optimization.
- Use of heading tags.
- Got enough content.
- Keyword stuffing.
- Are your images optimized?
- Accessible to the search engines.
- Meta NoFollow check.
- Too many external outgoing links.
- Too many internal links.
- NoFollowed internal links.
- Too few internal links.
- Link to text ratio.
- Search friendly URL.
- URL length check.
- WWW canonicalization.
- Broken links.
- Page loading speed.
There is a pie graph below that shows you your external links and internal links. These do include dofollow and nofollow links, too. Then at the bottom, you can see keywords that are used. This shows the following:
- Impact score.
- H tags.
- Image Alt.
- Domain name.
- File name.
Again, you can export a report. There is one option to export a report. This is a full report.
Mondovo Pros and Cons
- No Monthly subscriptions.
- Multi-user dashboard.
- Easy to use.
- Reports do take 10 to 15 minutes to generate.
Mondovo is a great SEO tool. Unlike lots of services like Ahrefs, Moz, and SEMrush. There is no monthly fee. Instead, you just pay for what you want. For the site audits report it cost .0008 for the page. Therefore, I checked 100 pages on my site which cost me only $.08. Also, onpage analysis cost .03 per page. There is also paid options for:
- Rank tracker.
- On-demand rank checker.
- Bulk Metrics.
- Link Research.
- Keyword research. (see this article on Keyword research tools)
- Bulk search volume.
- Google search console.
- Tag manager.
- Facebook Analytics.
- Facebook Competition.
- Twitter Analytics.
- Twitter competition.
- Google Analytics.
Overall, I found Mondovo to be a very useful SEO tool. Loads of features and you don’t have to be tied to a monthly expense. You can try Mondovo for 7 days for free. They give you a $3 credit when you create a free trial account with them.